Last month while in South Carolina for work, I had the pleasure of meeting Creating Space owner, Wes Knight and his business partner, Lo Myrick.
After chatting about our respective jobs, it was clear we had much in common about interacting with people and our passion for our work. Wes invited me to be a guest on his podcast. Here are a few thoughts from my first podcast experience:
- Good questions. In interviewing, whether written or verbal, good questions are key. Wes did a great job asking me both easy and challenging questions. This showed me that the interviewer’s skill of asking questions is vital to the overall theme of the interview.
- Passion. Passion is a great connecter! I immediately saw how Wes and Lo’s passion for their work seems to be a driving factor in everything they do. Saying “yes” to sharing your mission, vision, and passion for your work helps bridge gaps to create and build new friendships and ideas.
- Technology. Technology has drastically changed interviewing. It was amazing how simple it was to connect and record this podcast while halfway across the country from one another. Moments like this make me truly appreciate the technological advances my generation takes as the norm. A few simple clicks helped memorialize our conversation.
- Authenticity. Being someone who always prefers the art of the spoken word, I really enjoyed the freedom that came with our conversation. The more we shared, the deeper and more truthful the conversation became.
- Our stories. We all have a story. This is something I continuously go back to, but in working with my podcast and listening to others, it becomes even more apparent. Each one of us has a story and voice that is reflected in who we are. Sharing those stories brings people together. It diminishes walls and builds community.
I thoroughly enjoyed my first podcast experience. Feel free to listen to our conversation by clicking the picture below. Hope you enjoy!